Option for the poor
A preferential option for the poor means we think first about the needs of those who are the most vulnerable. Jesus taught that when we feed the hungry, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, look after the sick and visit those imprisoned, we are looking after Him.
'Learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow'
What we do at St Mary's
- Give to Charity, such as CAFOD and Pennies for Pakistan, Ukraine donations.
- Pray for those in need
- Theme Days to raise awareness and money
- We do not judge others
- We have a clothes collection
- Monitor all children to ensure they have the same opportunities e.g. Invictus games.
- Offer support to vulnerable parents/families through parent liaison officer
Our choir sings at church and local care homes.
Collections at Christmas events for charities chosen by School Council