Autumn Block 2 - Talk about Measure and Patterns
In this block we are going to be:
- Comparing size
- Comparing mass
- Comparing capacity
- Exploring simple patterns
- Copying and continuing simple patterns
- Creating simple patterns
Top tips to use at home:
- Point out unusual places we can find patterns, such as in the first pages of story books
- Embed vocal and sound pattern making in daily routines, such as brushing teeth and getting dressed.
- Celebrate children’s pattern making by taking photographs and displaying them at home. They could even share the patterns they have made at home to others in school!