Autumn Block 1 - Match, Sort and Compare
In this block we are looking at:
- Matching objects
- Matching pictures and objects
- Identifying a set
- Sorting objects to a type
- Exploring sorting techniques
- Creating sorting rules
- Comparing amounts
Top tips for at home:
- Provide your child with a wide range of the same objects allows them to explore sorting and matching at a deeper level.
- Think about colour, size, shape and texture of objects to support your child’s language development and descriptions. When looking at buttons, think about the number of holes.
- Use practical activities to see where they have sorted, matched and compared.